Tuesday 26 March 2013

WWII Linford Hosptial

WWII Linford Hosptial by LLAP Dorset
WWII Linford Hosptial, a photo by LLAP Dorset on Flickr.

Via Flickr:
Linford Ringwood Hampshire.

Linford Hospital built during the 1940's and was left empty for many years after the war. I can't seem to get any information about this building. When I was a young lad the place was haunted! and no body would go there. The last bit of information was during 2010 when it was called Linford Park Nursing Home.
"A total of 13 suspected illegal immigrants were arrested at the Linford Park Nursing Home in Poulner and a further four staff members, believed to have been running the home, were arrested on suspicion of neglect. A fifth person was arrested on suspicion of theft – but this is not related to the care investigation. It is now feared the home could be forced to close, after all its residents were moved out. The home has more than 100 beds but it only had 36 residents registered when the UK Border Agency officers swooped."
A great place for a horror film?

I would love to have more info on this place. There are some great views over the New Forest from here.

Please contact me if you wish to use my photographs - either for non-profit or commercial use. All my images are © all rights reserved and are not to be used without my permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment