Saturday 19 January 2013

Baltngton Farm - Ghost - Tyneham

Via Flickr:
Intresting information about Baltington Farm-
Location: Tyneham - Oak tree near Baltington Farm - known as the Coffin Tree.
Date / Time: Unknown.
Further Comments: A dairymaid who committed suicide is said to be buried under an oak tree that has a coffin carved in the bark. Her wistful spirit walks the area.
Ghost of a Maiden.
The carved coffin on an old oak tree, known locally as the 'Coffin Tree.' Marks the grave of Jane Gilbert, a young dairymaid who committed suicide by hanging herself in the cowsheds of Baltington Farm. Her ghost is said to still haunt the area at Maiden's Grave Gate.
Source: www.darkdorset.co.uk

Please contact me if you wish to use my photographs - either for non-profit or commercial use. All my images are © all rights reserved and are not to be used without my permission. All my photographs are copyright protected and may not be used in any manner without my consent.

No comments:

Post a Comment