Thursday 24 January 2013

St Wolfrida Church

St Wolfrida Church by LLAP Dorset
St Wolfrida Church, a photo by LLAP Dorset on Flickr.

Via Flickr:
The Church of St. Wolfrida Horton Dorset.
PAP (Pole Aerial Photography) 20ft.

A Benedictine Abbey was founded in Horton in 961 CE and Wolfrida was the first Abbess. The present building dates from 1722 and is an unusual L shape. The pyramidal tower is in the bend of the L.
The simple interior has box pews and plain glass windows. In the North facing Ante-chamber there are stone effigies of a mediaeval Knight and his Lady.

Please contact me if you wish to use my photographs - either for non-profit or commercial use. All my images are © all rights reserved and are not to be used without my permission. All my photographs are copyright protected and may not be used in any manner without my consent.

No comments:

Post a Comment